WillOhTheWisp has released a pretty cool mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition that adds to it the horses from The Witcher 3. As the modder noted, the mod has a vast new variety of horse coat colors, converted from The Witcher 3, Fera’s Roach and Horse Overhaul, and Fera’s Tribute Horses.
Here are the key features of the Witcher Horse Expansion:
- 20 unique horses with special effects and optional ENB light that can found throughout Skyrim and Solstheim
- 21 ESO inspired horses that can be found throughout Skyrim
- 56 unique horse coats distributed throughout the horses of Skyrim
- Zorse that accompanies M’aiq on his travels and that will appear alongside M’aiq during his roadside encounter
- Karinda restored to the Whiterun Stables
- Two breeds of wild horse herds that roam the open plains and snowy mountainsides of Skyrim
- Unicorns with 28 different wing options
For future releases, WillOhTheWisp plans to add special abilities to the unique horses. The modder will also tweak to weight painting (especially the saddles), and animate unicorn wings.
You can download the mod from here.
Speaking of mods for Skyrim Special Edition, we also suggest checking the following ones. Wyrmstooth is an expansion-sized mod that adds new quests and dungeons. There is also a mod that brings elements from The Witcher games to Bethesda’s RPG. Dragon Hall Tavern is another 2GB DLC-sized mod for Skyrim, adding new quests, locations, arena & more. Then we have Land of Vominhem and Legacy of the Dragonborn. And finally, you should definitely check this Castlevania-inspired mod, this mod that adds to the game the Nemesis system from Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, as well as this sci-fi city fan expansion, Skyrim Together Reborn, and this RTS/City Building Mod.