A couple of days ago, NVIDIA released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 531.61 WHQL driver adds support for the RTX 4070, and fixes some game issues.
Going into more details, this new driver resolves some stability issues in Assassin’s Creed Origins. Moreover, it packs the crash fix for The Last of Us Part I that was included in the previous hotfix driver. Additionally, it fixes a black screen issue that could occur on launch at Shader Compilation Screen in Hogwarts Legacy.
As always, you can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 531.61 WHQL Driver Release Notes
- Introduces support for the GeForce RTX 4070.
- [Assassin’s Creed Origins] Game may have stability issues when using 531.18.
- [The Last of Us Part 1] Game may randomly crash during gameplay on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs
- [Hogwarts Legacy] [Regression] Black Screen/Hang on Launch at Shader Compilation Screen using Driver 531.18
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.
- [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky
- Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon
- Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash