EIDOS Montreal and NIXXES have released a new patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. According to the changelog, this patch improves DX12 performance – by reducing CPU usage – and reduces overall system memory usage. This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Patch v1.4 build 545.4_P6 Changelog:
- Fixed a DirectX 12 crash at start-up.
- Reduced DirectX 12 CPU usage for better performance.
- Slightly reduced system memory usage.
In order to access the game’s DX12 API, you’ll have to follow this guide:
- Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.
- Once the DX12 has been downloaded, select DX12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.