Electronic Arts has released the day-1 patch for Battlefield 5 for all platforms. According to the release notes, this first patch adds further improvements to game client stability, resolves an issue which would make the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session and brings support to DXR real-time ray tracing.
As Electronic Arts and DICE noted, an early release of DXR real-time ray tracing will be available in this patch. Moreover, the development team will continue working with NVIDIA to optimize this implementation and deliver regular updates after its release.
As you may have guessed, we will test the DXR real-time ray tracing effects on our RTX2080Ti and we’ll share our first thoughts about them. After all, Battlefield 5 is the first game that officially supports DXR right now.
Origin will download this day-1 patch the next time you launch its client, and you can find below its key features.
Battlefield 5 Day-1 Patch Release Notes
- Further improvements to game client stability
- Various fixes to Airborne mode including spawn protection inside the plane, downed players being able to arm the objective and being able to shoot the planes down too quickly
- When playing Frontlines on Devastation the bomb could in some rare cases spawn inside a wall, which has been fixed
- In War stories, players are no longer able to collect “Letters” while playing offline due to them not being able to update the persistence counters which requires an online connection
- Fixed a bug which could render the weapons invisible in the weapon selection screen
- Resolved an issue which would make the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session
- PC Only – An early release of DXR real-time ray tracing will be available in this patch. With NVIDIA, we will continue to optimize this implementation and deliver regular updates after its release