DICE has announced that Update 4.0 for Battlefield 2042 will release on February 28th. Additionally, the team revealed its complete changelog that you can find below.
According to the team, Update 4.0 will feature a new map (Flashpoint), a new specialist (Camila Blasco), a new vehicle, new weapons and more.
Naturally, this patch will also pack a number of weapon tweaks and balance improvements. Furthermore, it will fix a number of bugs.
As always, Origin and Steam will download this patch once it becomes available. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.0 Release Notes
- New Map: Flashpoint
- New Specialist: Camila Blasco
- New Vehicle: CAV-Brawler
- New Weaponry: AC9 SMG, RM68 Assault Rifle, RPT-31 LMG and Super 500 Shotgun
- New Gadget: SPH Explosive Launcher
- New Vault Weaponry: SVD and Type 88 LMG
- The End of Round sequence now explains what will happen after this transition phase. For example, if you switch sides if you stay in the lobby. You’ll now also be presented with a prompt to confirm if you’d like to exit – this will help reduce accidental quitting to the main menu.
- Fixed issue where reaching Extraction Streak 3 in Hazard Zone with Crawford and Zain wouldn’t unlock the Risk Worth Taking Player Card Background
- Fixed an issue that would cause vehicle icons to flicker while the big map was open.
- Increasing the size of the minimap will no longer also increase the size of the icons.
- Added an option to allow customization of the scale of the minimap icons.
- Added an option for the scale of the minimap icons to scale with the view distance of the minimap (Enabled by Default).
- Fixed an issue that was causing the visuals of a ping to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the base circle VFX on a location ping was sometimes missing.
As part of update 3.2.0 and the Return to the Class System the Default Mappings for Controller Layouts were updated to accommodate the addition of the new Class Gadget slot, and accompanying gameplay changes. Due to these changes we’ll need to reset Custom Layouts for controllers. As part of this update we’ll reset the following binding options in order to avoid any further conflict with the new default layouts:
- Throw Grenade
- Switch Primary Weapon / Open Plus Menu
- Plus Menu Navigation (Choosing of Attachments)
- Portal – Battlefield 3 – Fixed an issue with the SMAW / RPG-7V2 where the rocket was deflected into the ground when the user was shooting into a fence.
- Portal – Battlefield 3 – Fixed an issue where the SFX for detonation was not functioning properly when using a C4 remote detonation.
- Custom Portal experiences that have PvP AI (but not PvE) and no other change than to the map list will have Ribbons XP enabled, Mastery Progression up to Tier 12 and Weekly Missions enabled instead of the usual Restricted XP.
- The Penguins have filled in a hole near B1 where players were unable to get out of if they had fallen victim to it. Pesky penguins.
- Fixed a visual issue with the billowing smoke from the two silos near the waste pools.
- Fixed an issue where sector lines between Sectors D and C were overlapping while playing Conquest.
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes spawned within a container on FFA and Gun Master FFA modes.
- Fixed an issue where the cinematic camera during the intro would sometimes behave incorrectly on Conquest.
- Fixed an issue while playing Conquest Assault where a player was spawned OOB when trying to deploy on the “A” Capture Point.
- Improved the consistency of Melee takedowns for standing and crouching soldiers.
- Improved prone behavior on steep slopes.
- Also improved zipline behavior when a vehicle was parked near the same location as the zipline.
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause the camera to become stuck while using a ladder.
- Fixed an issue which was causing audio to play from the wrong direction while in a downed state.
- Also fixed an issue that caused the icon of selected weapons to disappear when climbing a ladder.
- Fixed an issue that caused Casper’s OVP-Recon Drone to be able to destroy certain map objects it wasn’t intended to.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in no health bar being present while repairing Boris’ Sentry Gun and Ranger whilst playing as Crawford.
- Fixed an issue that caused the throwing knife to generate a ricochet bullet when hitting Dozer’s Ballistic Shield
- Fixed an issue that caused shockwaves from explosions to interrupt Falck’s self-heal interaction.
- Reduced the maximum range of Lis’ G-84 TGM from 600m to 475m.
- Reduced the boost speed of Lis’ G-84 TGM from 150m/s to 110m/s.
- Tightened the turning angles of Lis’ G-84 TGM.
- Adjusted the input clamping when boosting with G-84 TGM in accordance to the new turning angles.
- Reduced the acceleration modifier when boosting with Lis G-84 TGM from 1.85x force to 1.15x force.
- Fixed an issue that caused Paik to be unable to use her EMG-X Scanner in passenger seats
- Fixed an issue where the sound which would play when updating the airburst distance from Zains’ XM370A Airburst Rifle was being triggered in instances where it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where the EMP Grenade did not disable some vehicular weaponry or trigger any visual VFX as intended.
- Fixed an issue where some Gadgets were able to hit enemy soldiers through autonomous gates
- Also fixed an issue where using the T-UGS would cause unwanted screenshake.
- Fixed an issue where the SFX for the detonation remote on C5 would not play properly.
- The Assault will now be able to carry a maximum of two Med Pens. Upon spawn, you will still have one available to you.
- Fixed an issue with the M18 Claymore so that it has a forward facing explosion exclusively.
- The M18 Claymore will no longer be capable of destroying building walls, this is to bring it more in line with its intent
- Adjusted the AT Mine so that it blends into the terrain better.
- Fixed issue where damaging a player-operated Mounted Vulcan would result in receiving Vehicle Assist XP when a teammate destroyed it
- Location pings will no longer display when pinging a neutral Mounted Vulcan.
- Fixed an issue where Air Radar was present while the minimap is disabled.
- Updated the crosshair for the UAV-1 Drone.
- Fixed an issue with the Active Protection System on vehicles that would sometimes cause VFX to apply twice on successful interception.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle wheels would sometimes move while in an elevator.
- Also fixed an issue that caused both crosshairs on the M5C Bolte to show hit markers when the missiles were equipped.
- Updated the rangefinder in vehicles to go to 100+ instead of 200+
- Using a knife on a light vehicle now has a reduced impact, we’ve previously stated that we haven’t invented adamantium for knives and that is still the case.
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause tracers to spawn offset while firing the Canister Pod on vehicles.
- Enabled threat detection system audio cue for passengers in EMKV90-TOR as intended.
- While piloting or driving a vehicle, lock-on sounds will no longer play for any passengers.
- APS will no longer remain active after a vehicle has been hacked.
- Brake lights on vehicles have had their brightness toned down while on Stranded.
- Made lift and drag improvements on the aileron and elevator areas of Jet Aircraft to allow for smoother pitching.
- Improved pitch down to now turn faster than pitching up as intended.
- VTOL mode will now correctly activate and deactivate for the F35 and Condor
- Made adjustments to the F35 turning rate to be more in line, and in competition against the SU-57 Felon.
- Fixed a visual issue that was present on the PKS-07 scope while ADS’ing.
- Fixed an issue where using a Bipod against any surface would decrease dispersion by 40% instead of the intended 20%.
- Also fixed an issue where weapon stats were sometimes showing up in both the pros and cons fields within the collection menu.
- The AC-42 will no longer clip through the screen when opening the Plus Menu.
- Fixed an issue where the MTAR-21 had the incorrect headshot multiplier.
- The MTAR-21 heavy barrel attachment now affects recoil, dispersion, bullet velocity and ROF.
- Fixed issue where the MTAR-21 didn’t display Burst as an available fire mode in the weapon details.
- Fixed an issue where the M416 had the incorrect headshot multiplier.
- NVK-22 no longer has a broken reload animation while supplying.
- NVK-22 will no longer shoot 2 times if holding the fire button during the reload animation.
- The XM8 LMG now has the correct magazine count.