And the time has finally come. CD Projekt RED’s Andrzej ‘Flash’ Kwiatkowski has released a new version of his Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod for The Witcher 2. This new version allows Geralt to parry attacks from behind while he’s standing still. In addition, the mod fixes lots of issues, rebalances various aspect of the combat mechanics and features some visual tweaks.
• Allowed Geralt to parry attacks from behind while he’s standing still. I don’t have animations to allow it for walking and running, which was the reason why it was disabled in initial mod release.
• Fixed wrong installation directory of localization strings.
• Fixed t-pose on throwing items while being in Focused Stance.
• Fixed becoming permanently stuck in casting animation of upgraded Axii Sign.
• Fixed Resonating Crystals not being affected by Aard and Igni in The Secrets of Loc Muinne quest.
• Fixed various progression breaks in Tutorial.
• Fixed Ves t-posing and doing nothing in the arena fight in Act 2.
• Fixed Axii not having effect on enemies.
• Fixed Geralt’s locked rotation on opponent when rolling in strafing mode.
• Fixed crafting schematics that didn’t recognize their ingredients in crafting menus.
• Fixed fullscreen effect problem that occured when player maxed Adrenaline bar with skills Magic Atunnement, Adrenaline Rush or High.
• Fixed respec abilities removing core witcher skills.
• Fixed Philippa’s missing head.
• Fixed missing decorations in scribe’s room in Lilies and Vipers quest.
• Fixed arachas, endriag queen, gargoyle, troll and bullvore not blocking attacks.
• Fixed Gap in Armor skill applying armor debuff to player.
• Fixed description in Falka’s blood oil.
• Fixed vanilla game quest descriptions wrongly naming grapeshot bombs as beehives.
• Mage friendly fire doesn’t affect Geralt and his allies.
• Increased Geralt’s parry chance. First of a series of attacks will always be blocked unless Geralt performs an offensive action.
• Scaled down difficulty levels with Hard becoming new Dark difficulty.
• Scaled up damage reduction of mid-tier and high-tier armors.
• Decreased mage’s block and spell block chance.
• Decreased spell block chance of Letho and elite kingslayers.
• Raised Letho’s resistance to Yrden.
• Increased hit points of celaeno harpies.
• Reintroduced 2 second Stamina regeneration cooldown.
• Removed extreme enemy damage multiplier in situations when Geralt didn’t have any sword equipped in combat (non-qte fistfight stance).
• Added high Vitality regeneration to ghost player characters in Eternal battle quest in Act 2.
• Added riposte ability to all replacer player characters but Henselt, Stennis and Dandelion.
• Set riposte timed window to 0.6 seconds in every attack animation where it was possible. Some attacks are faster than 0.6 seconds, these, obviously, couldn’t be fixed.
• Decreased base and Igni damage to 10 and upgraded Igni damage bonus to 10. With Control over the Power skill, Petri’s philter and Maribor Forest potions, player is still able to dish 108 Igni damage with 3 Vigor points.
• Increased duration of all potions and oils to 1 hour (was 10 minutes) with the exception of Cat potion, White Raffard Decoction and Anabolic Steroids.
• Changed the function of White Raffard Decoction to a very potent version of Swallow potion. Previously it worked like traditional healing potion known from other games.
• Added Gadwall potion recipy to Geralt’s starting inventory. Previously it was only obtainable by unlocking Witcher Secrets skill in Alchemy tree — shouldn’t be a requirement for items needed in quests.
• Decreased upgraded Aard stun chance to 10% (was 30%).
• Increased Adrenaline generation from Signs for Signs tree ultimate skill.
• Upgraded Quen stuns 3 enemies around Geralt.
• Increased the number of meteorite ores available in shops.
• Increased the number of rare ingredients available in shops.
• Put another effort to discourage players from immersion-breaking behavior where they constantly rolled behind enemy back to attack with impunity. Removing backstab damage bonus was not enough, so now enemies are allowed to Parry back attacks.
• Improved Igni special effect.
• Made enemies rotate to their targets on Aard hit and Parry.
• Made Geralt rotate to targeted enemy upon Quen activation.
• Changed max adrenaline full screen special effect from Heliotrope to modified dark difficulty effect and used Heliotrope VFX for alchemy ultimate skill.
• Added 5 minute delay for dead bodies to disappear with the exception of the Arena location.
• Added more informations in skill descriptions.
• Added information about armor types and debuffs in item tooltips.
• Added information about trophy stat bonuses in item tooltips.
• Updated informations about riposte and parry in Tutorial.
• Reverted changes to QTEs. First attempt to remove them failed, may try to fix that later. Or not.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."