Electronic Arts and DICE will release a brand new update for Star Wars Battlefront 2 tomorrow. According to the teams, the February 12th update packs a number of fixes. It also implements various collision, visual effects and lighting improvements.
Going into more details, it fixes issues such as BB-8 and BB-9E having the wrong VO lines. It also fixes for General Grievous’ Claw Rush sometimes draining all the stamina of an opponent.
DICE has also implemented some balance changes. For instance, it reduces the Battle Point gains of some classes by 50%. Moreover, it lowers the heat cost for the spool-up functionality on the Heavy Trooper’s Sentry abilities. It also reduces Darth Vader’s damage reduction from 75% to 20%.
As always, Origin will download this patch once it becomes available tomorrow. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 February 12th Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the boarding cinematic would be visible when completing the final objective on any of the Capital Ships on Jakku.
- Also fixed an issue that would allow the First Order Jet Trooper to dash more than 2 times.
- Fixed an issue where spamming both the main fire and secondary fire keys for BB-8 would drain the stamina quickly, without dealing the appropriate amount of damage
- Fixed an issue where BB-8’s Spinner Star Card would grant 20 seconds of cooldown reduction, instead of 10, on Epic rarity.
- Also fixed an issue where there would be no audio playing when inspecting the BB-8 and BB-9E Voice Lines in the Front End menu.
- Fixed an issue where BB-8 and BB-9E would eventually play the wrong VO lines when they were disrupted.
- Various collision, VFX and lighting improvements on the MC85 Star Cruiser and Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
- Lowered the heat cost for the spool-up functionality on the Heavy Trooper’s Sentry abilities.
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous’ Claw Rush could completely drain the stamina of an opponent.
- Reduced the gain in Battle Points by 50% for the Ovissian Gunner, Caphex Spy, Sith Trooper and First Order Jet Trooper, to be consistent with the other Reinforcements.
- Made improvements to resolve issues with hit registration, despite dodging Lightsaber and melee attacks
- Fixed an issue that would block the VO from the emotes of the Republic Officer on Kamino or Geonosis.
- Fixed a localization issue with the message “First Order Jet Trooper Available” being too long for the kill screen in Japanese.
- Made improvements to resolve visual issues with textures popping-in, when transporting to the capital ships on Jakku, Takodana and Ajan Kloss.
- Lowered the damage reduction on Darth Vader while using Choke from 75% to 20%.
- Updated the mode description for Ewok Hunt.