NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 526.98 WHQL driver offers the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology, including Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Warhammer 40,0000: Darktide. Furthermore, NVIDIA recommends using this driver for the latest update of WRC Generations – The FIA WRC Official Game.
What’s also really interesting here is the improvement that NVIDIA brought to DLSS 3. With this new driver, DLSS Frame Generation supports VSync when using G-SYNC. It also introduces support for HDR10+ GAMING standard.
Naturally, the NVIDIA GeForce 526.98 WHQL driver also packs some fixes. For instance, it resolves some crash issues in Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection on the GTX 10 series GPUs. It also fixes an issue that could cause the Desktop Window Manager service to report significantly higher GPU usage on certain PC configurations.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 526.98 WHQL Driver Release Notes
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology, including Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Warhammer 40,0000: Darktide, and the new update for WRC Generations – The FIA WRC Official Game.
Additionally, this Game Ready Driver supports the launch of World of Warcraft: Dragonflight and the addition of DLAA technology to Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.
- Introduces support for the GeForce RTX 4080
- Introduces DLSS Frame Generation support for VSync when G-SYNC is enabled
- Introduces support for HDR10+ GAMING standard
- G-SYNC logo is not displayed in the LG OLED TV menu when connected to GeForce RTX 40 series GPUs
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection may crash when launched on a GeForce GTX 10 series GPU
- [QNIX QX2710/Fujitsu Siemens SL23T-1/Dell UP2715K/ HP Z27q] Unable to select the native resolution of certain monitors from the Windows display settings
- [Daz Studio] Application crashes after updating to latest driver when trying to run simulation
- Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) service may report significantly higher GPU usage on certain PC configurations
- Maxon – Cinema4D + Redshift3D vidmemory allocations cause TDR or Driver Crash
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings.
- Older versions of Minecraft Java Edition show corruption on screen
- MSI Afterburner is not prioritizing GPU temp limit over power when selected in app
- [RTX 40 series] Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition may show random screen flash during gameplay
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”