NVIDIA has released a new driver for its graphics cards that provides the optimal gaming experience with support for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update including the public release of DirectX Raytracing (DXR).
Moreover, the NVIDIA GeForce 416.16 WHQL driver adds SLI profiles for Basingstoke, Divinity: Original Sin II, Immortal: Unchained, Jurassic World Evolution, Phoenix Point and Seven: The Days Long Gone, and re-enables the AFR profile for Battlefield 5.
Surprisingly enough, this driver also fixes an issue with a mod for the first Quake. According to the release notes, this new driver fixes the black square glitches that appeared when using the Quake HD Remix mod with soft shadows enabled on Pascal GPUs.
Those interested can download this new WHQL driver from here, and you can find its complete changelog below. Kudos to our reader Metal Messiah for bringing this to our attention.
NVIDIA GeForce 416.16 WHQL Release Notes
Provides the optimal gaming experience with support for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update including the public release of DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
Software Module Versions
- nView – 149.34
- HD Audio Driver – 184.108.40.206
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.18.0907
- GeForce Experience – 220.127.116.11
- CUDA – 10.0
- Added support for Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Redstone 5)
- NVIDIA Control Panel (3D Settings)
Added clarification that the Triple Buffering setting is intended for OpenGL only.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Basingstoke – AFR profile added;
- Battlefield V – AFR re-enabled;
- Divinity: Original Sin II – AFR profile added;
- Immortal: Unchained – AFR profile added;
- Jurassic World Evolution – AFR profile added;
- Phoenix Point – AFR profile added;
- Seven: The Days Long Gone – AFR profile added;
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Elder Scrolls: Online – Good
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey – Not recommended
- [Pascal GPUs][Quake HD Remix]: Black square glitches appear when using the Quake HD Remix mod with soft shadows enabled. 
- [GeForce GTX 1060][Regime][Rainbow 6: Siege]: Temporal antialiasing causes a drop in performance. 
- [Titan Xp]: Driver error (nvlddmkm ) occurs on resume from S4. 
- [Turing GPU][[Netflix]: Playback resolution doesn’t show 4K bit rates when using a USB-C-HDMI connection.