Valve has released a new beta update for their action real-time strategy fantasy strategy game , DOTA 2. This update comes with the addition of Lone Druid, various fixes for the game’s bots, a decreased darkness of fogged areas and the ability to use Lycan in Captain’s Mode. As always, the update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below. Enjoy!
DOTA 2 Beta Update Changelog:
– Added Lone Druid!
– Fixed small bug in the timing of sequential attacks.
– Lifestealer: Fixed being unable to Infest Mud Golems.
– Weaver: Fixed Time Lapse interaction with Aegis.
– Ancient Apparition: Fixed a bug where Ice Blast could get stuck on the map.
– Enabled Lycan in Captain’s Mode
– The top bar game timer no longer is reset when a game ends.
– Heroes in top bar now draw grayscale when dead.
– The buyback cooldown time now appears in the gold tooltip.
– The buyback cooldown now appears in the form minutes:seconds.
– Added a buff/debuff effect for Razor’s Static Link.
– Added effect for fountain heal.
– Fixed heroes drawing parts of their models in portraits when sheeped, hexxed, etc.
– Updated the effects for Shadow Demon’s Shadow Poison.
– Decreased darkness of fogged areas
– Fixed bots being too aggressive about destroying enemy items.
– Fixed bug where bots would pick up items like Rapier or Aegis without giving humans a chance at them.
– After all humans have picked heroes, the remaining bots will now immediately pick their heroes.
– Fixed bug where bots would try to farm the same neutral camp that a human was farming.
– Added support for bots buying and placing Observer Wards:
. The more of a support a hero is, the more likely they are to buy wards.
. If they have a human teammate, they will not purchase enough wards to fully deplete the store.
. They will ward the runes, their jungle, and sometimes the enemy jungle (depending on how pushed the lanes are).
. They won’t go to locations to place wards if they think it’s too dangerous.
– Fixed bug that would sometimes prevent bots from defending their top/bottom lanes when the tier 3 towers/racks are gone.
– Fixed bug where if the incoming threat was small, no one would ever be a selected to defend (typically resulting in no defensive response to creeps).
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."