Guerrilla Games has released the third PC patch for Horizon Zero Dawn. According to the developers, this patch addresses numerous crashes that PC gamers have been experiencing. It also packs some minor improvements, such as an improved Framerate Limiter and Player Profile Validation.
Going into more details, Update 1.03 fixes a GPU resource leak which could build up over time and cause instability. It also fixes a GPU hang when using Asynchronous Compute, as well as a crash when AI would try to aim at an invalid position. Additionally, it fixes a progression issue where some players would remain a child and not transition to adult Aloy.
Furthermore, this patch a progression issue where some players would remain a child and not transition to adult Aloy. Not only that, but this update finally fixes the snow deformation issues, though Aloy’s hair is still bugged at higher framerates.
It’s also worth noting that this update fixes an issue where the game wouldn’t render at 4K properly on boot. It also introduces Minimum Spec and Saving Issue warnings.
Lastly, this patch does not unlock the annoying 30fps animations and does not resolve the in-game Anisotropic Filtering issues. Not only that, but it doesn’t pack any major performance improvements and does not resolve the screen-space reflections issues.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Horizon Zero Dawn PC Patch 1.03 Release Notes
- Fixed a GPU resource leak which could build up over time and cause instability.
- Fixed a GPU hang that caused a crash that could occur when using Asynchronous Compute.
- Also fixed a crash when AI would try to aim at an invalid position.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when sound obstruction was calculated in highly detailed areas.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when moving the game to a monitor with different DPI settings while in the menu.
- Also fixed an issue where some players would crash on startup due to incorrect memory allocation.
- Fixed a GPU hang that would occur when the window was resized to a very small size.
- Fixed a progression issue where some players would remain a child and not transition to adult Aloy.
- Fixed an issue where snow deformation was not working correctly in the Frozen Wilds area.
- Fixed an issue where the Concentration skill could stop working.
- 4K Scaling. Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t render at 4K properly on boot.
- Frame Rate Limiter. Improved Frame Rate Limiter functionality to be more accurate.
- Localization. Localized specific error messages.
- Windows Version Check – The game checks if Windows 10 Build 1809 or above is used (lower versions cause instability in DirectX 12).
- Minimum Spec Warning. Improved minimum spec warning message and options.
- Saving Issue Warning. Clarified text that is displayed when you do not have access to your My document folder or enough disk space.
- Player Profile Validation. The player profile is now validated and corrupt profiles (caused by manual editing or tweak tools) rejected.