Epic Games has released a brand new update for Fortnite. According to the release notes, update 11.20 adds support for Microsoft’s DirectX 12 API. Theoretically, this should improve overall performance on systems with older CPUs. To use Microsoft DirectX 12, players will have to select it in the Advanced Graphics section of the Video settings.
Furthermore, this latest patch allows players to adjust the UI contrast. To do this, players will have to use the User Interface Contrast setting in the Graphics section of the Video settings.
Moreover, this patch increases the Effective Health given from Slurp Tankers. It also brings back Daily Challenges (that players can complete for XP) and adjusts the headshot multiplier of the Tactical Shotgun.
Lastly, this patch comes with numerous bug fixes.
As always, the Epic Games Store launcher will download this patch the next time you launch it. You can also find below its complete changelog.
Fortnite Update 11.20 Release Notes
- Daily Challenges are back and can be completed for XP!
- Up to three at a time are available, and once a day you can replace a Challenge for another.
- In the Locker, you can now filter your items by the Season they were introduced in.
- To filter your items by Season, enter the Season name in the search bar. Use terms like “season 5,” “season x,” “chapter 2 season 1,” etc.
- You can now adjust the UI contrast.
- To adjust the UI contrast, use the User Interface Contrast setting in the Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Added a Tutorial playlist for the mobile version of Fortnite.
- Added Microsoft DirectX 12 support to the PC version of Fortnite.
- To use Microsoft DirectX 12, select it in the Advanced Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Adjusted the headshot multiplier of the Tactical Shotgun so it’s now in line with the headshot multiplier of the Pump Shotgun.
- Increased the Effective Health (sum of Health + Shield) given from Slurp Tankers.
- Resolved syncing issues involving the Bandage Bazooka. (Because these have been resolved, the Bandage Bazooka has been re-enabled.)
- Addressed reports of hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved the equipped item slot being the selection slot when players open the inventory.
- Addressed reports of buildings sometimes appearing low-detailed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as players land on the map.
- The hair of the Devastator Outfit now appears the intended color.
- The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol no longer appears larger than intended.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on everything except the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- It will appear correctly on these weapons in a future release.