Square Enix has announced that the definitive version of Chrono Trigger is now available for the first time on Steam. This version features updated visuals and sound, a new autosave functionality and updated controls that support both controller and mouse/keyboard configuration.
Here are all the features of Chrono Trigger’s Steam version:
- Two Extra Dungeons – Includes the mysterious “Dimensional Vortex” dungeon and “Lost Sanctum” dungeon that first appeared in the Nintendo DS and mobile releases
- CHRONO TRIGGER Limited Edition – Those that purchase the STEAM version until April 2, 2018 will receive the following digital bonuses for free:
- An enchanting and specially edited digital song file containing a medley of five songs: “Far Off Promise,” “Wind Scene,” “Battle with Magus,” “Corridors of Time,” and “Chrono Trigger”
- Composer Yasunori Mitsuda’s digital liner notes
- A collection of six stunning PC wallpapers in varying sizes
- Updated Graphics and Sound – While keeping the atmosphere of the original, this version features optimized visuals designed for modern PCs and a re-recorded soundtrack under the supervision of original composer Yasunori Mitsuda.
- Updated Controls – Optimized PC experience that supports both controller and mouse/keyboard configuration
- New Autosave Feature – Automatically saves while still featuring the original title’s Save Point function
Originally released in 1995, Chrono Trigger was developed by the “Dream Team” of DRAGON QUEST creator Yuji Horii, DRAGON BALL creator Akira Toriyama and the creators of the FINAL FANTASY® series. Many challenges await players in this epic quest to save the planet’s future, as long-lost secrets are revealed through time travel to different eras including the present, middle ages, the future, prehistory and ancient times.