Square Enix has released the third update for the PC version of Chrono Trigger. According to the release notes, this patch further updates the UI for those using a controller or keyboard in a number of areas, packs various improvements for battles, and improves gameplay speed in areas where it previously slowed down.
Furthermore, the difficulty has been made more forgiving in specific mini games during story events, controller input is now disabled when the game is not active, and there are additional minor bug fixes.
Square Enix plans to release a fourth update for Chrono Trigger PC that will pack further changes and updates to the UI, and will offer the ability to rebind buttons for controllers, keyboard and mouse.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Chrono Trigger PC Patch #3 Release Notes
- The UI has been further updated for those using a controller or keyboard in a number of areas:
- Whilst moving on the world map, in towns and in dungeons.
- How options in dialog are displayed.
- Shop screens.
- Whilst selecting a time period to visit.
- In mini-games too.
- Improvements have been made to battles
- You can now flip between pages within menus with single button presses.
- Available techs are immediately updated when recovering MP.
- The duration the explanation window is shown at the top of the screen has been extended.
- Changes have been made to the priority for which information is shown first when there are multiple messages in explanation windows.
- A bug where some controls would still respond while the game is paused in battle has been fixed.
- Following the last update, we’ve continued to improve gameplay speed in areas where it previously slowed down.
- The difficulty has been made more forgiving in specific mini games during story events.
- Controller input is now disabled when the game is not active.
- Additional minor bug fixes.