Behaviour Interactive has shared its roadmap for all the new content updates that will be coming to Dead by Daylight. Since launch, the development team brought in 8 new survivors, 8 new killers, and 11 new maps set in 8 new locations. Moreover, it added a bunch of features players had been asking for like “survive with friends” modes, seasonal events, the shrine of secrets and a lot of new languages.
And here is a short breakdown of our plan, highlighting all the new assets and quality of life changes we have coming to our own horror story:
- 4 new survivors
- 4 new killers
- 4 new maps
- A new progression system allowing players to unlock non-licensed survivors and killers by playing actively
- New paid cosmetic items that won’t impact the gameplay with most of them unlockable by playing too, whether you play a lot or more casually.
- A new ranking system for a more meaningful, more inclusive and more rewarding progress.
- A new deployment process to trial new features and content on PC first, using PTB, meaning we can push it to all platforms as soon as it feels ready, rather than as soon as we can.
- An anti-cheat reinforcement to help make Dead by Daylight a better place for all players.
- A tutorial mode to improve new players’ onboarding and allow anyone to brush up their skills before going into ranked games.
Better tools to handle toxicity
- Dedicated mid-chapter patches to make sure the content is as clean as possible, to look at some of the balancing element, but also to add quality of life improvements and polish when needed