Bohemia Interactive released a new, massive update for their military sim game, ArmA 2. This new release candidate is 533MB in size and includes both ArmA 2 1.11 and ArmA 2: BAF 1.03 updates. Alongside some major fixes and especially multiplayer networking/jip/ ones there are tweaks, improvements and bonus stuff like FXAA. Those interested can head over to ArmA 2’s official website and download it. Be sure to also check the – literally huge – changelog bellow for a full list of what has been changed/added.
ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead 1.60 Release Candidate Changelog:
* New: Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing (FXAA), http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2oa.cfg
* Fixed: “Direct” chat sometimes not working (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26422)
* Fixed: Dead body temperature was not saved (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25466)
* MP: Fixed: When a player was JIP-ing, traffic for all other players was significantly reduced (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26408#note-48)
* Fixed: Massive network traffic optimization during Join in Progress (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26408#note-48)
* Fixed: Searchlight turning itself off for non-server clients (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4449)
* Fixed: Action taking magazine from a backback has sometimes failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25927)
* Fixed: Gamespy Server signature list contains often twice “bi” (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23752)
* Improved: MP: Diary statistics not available in MP when NetStats is disabled (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26435)
* Improved: Dedicated server console now supporting Unicode and long output (using Rich Edit Control).
* Fixed: Issues with v2 signatures – causing random check to fail (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26323)
* Changed: AI gunner is no longer firing at friendly units when ordered to target them.
* Fixed: Locked MP role slots after BattlEye kick.
* Fixed: MP: Countermeasures released automatically for a player commanded tank (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17458)
* Fixed: MP: Countermeasures released by AI were multipled by the number of other connected players.
* Fixed: MP: Loosing gear due to water no longer multiplied for each player (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26162)
* Improved thermal imaging for models with no TI data (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16673)
* Fixed: Server response unreliable with long keys (e.g. mod lists) (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23389)
* Fixed: Soldier running instead of crawling through holes (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25348)
* Fixed: AI without weapon stuck when crouched (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16229)
* Prevent crouched AI from sprinting (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24405)
* New: A command line argument -par=filename can be specified to provide a parameter file (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26103)
* New: Window title includes player name when running windowed to make testing with multiple instances easier.
* Fixed: Tanks were not damaged under water when fps was very high (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25835)
* Improved: Improved AI/autopilot landing abilities (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25419)
* Fixed: Trigger “Detected by” sometimes did not fire when unit was only known about indirectly, e.g. because of a kill (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25768)
* Fixed: AI sometimes has forgotten a recently seen kill (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25768) (result of http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2067#note-12)
* New: Custom memory allocator support (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A…mory_Allocator)
* Fixed: Shadows were not cast on on-surface objects, like helipads.
* Changed: attachTo with the same object no longer resets attached object orientation (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25272)
* Fixed: There was no debriefing after MP game ends after saving the game.
* Fixed: MP: Bullet tracers of remote vehicles not reliable (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25601).
* Fixed: SaveVar did not work in MP Campaign.
* New: Scripting command reveal has a new variant, group reveal [target, accuracy]. To reveal target side use 1.5 (default reveal used accuracy=1).
* Fixed: Crash or game corruption when loading a game with clients already connected (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24676)
* New: Server admin can check build numbers of clients using #userlist.
* Fixed: magazinesTurret [-1] sometimes returning wrong list or even crashing.
* Changed: MP: BLUFOR roles are now assigned before OPFOR by default.
* Fixed: Reassign allowed clients to use a role reserved for a host.
* Optimized: Faster preload in multiplayer (“Receiving” mission, switching from map).
* Fixed: Remote units init event handle is no longer run before fully initialized (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25225)
* Changed: Init handlers executed immediately, not queued for later execution like other events.
* Changed: MP: Units are no longer moved to a new group when they timeout getin (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25095#note-75)
* Fixed: Scripting command “Reveal” left target side as unknown, requiring visual confirmation (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25266#note-8)
* Fixed: Bullets damage reduced too much over distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11479)
* Fixed: Global event handlers (including onPlayerDisconnected and onMapSingleClick) cleaned when MP
debriefing starts (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16261)
* New: Window title includes Host or Admin status when running windowed to make testing with multiple instances easier.
* Fixed: in config parameter initTurn in turrets work again
* Improved: Direct damage is no longer artificaly reduced for lying soldiers (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20441)
* Optimized: Unknown targets no longer saved, significantly reducing savegame size.
* Optimized: No longer saving “visionPars” and “magazineSlotsOpticsModes” when not used.
* Fixed: Group names were not reused after deleteGroup (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11483)
* Improved: AI smarter in using binoculars.
* Fixed: Objects close to bushes or trees sometimes ignored during visibility testing (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25230)
* Fixed: Order of init event handlers and init commands was reversed since 1.57 beta (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14766)
* Fixed: script command FOR (BASIC) can use capital characters in variable
* Optimized: MP: Improved server performance in complex missions.
* Optimized: MP: Reduced number of messages send during JIP to complex missions.
* Fixed: Slight cursor offset when selecting items in the listboxes (like mission selection).
* Improved: MP: Smoother motion of distant units (Default value of MinErrorToSend changed to 0.001, introduced new value MinErrorToSendNear with a default value of 0.01).
* Fixed: MP game crashed after loading a save from a complex mission (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24676)
* Fixed: AI was often not watching unidentified targets (causing http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24631)
* Fixed: turret tug after crew turn-in
* Improved: loading of binarized bikb files now supported.
* Improved: MP: Remote units should move a lot smoother.
* Fixed: DisableSerialization breaks spawn script variables after Load.
* New: New entry requiredBuild=xxxxx; in server.cfg preventing obsolete clients to connect. Not reliable until 1.60, clients are still able to connect.
* Optimized: MP: Reduced bandwidth used by standing AI soldiers.
* Fixed: MP: Remote units jumping back when stopping (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24034)
* Fixed: MP: Reduced bandwith usage in missions with many soldiers.
* Improved: Better error message shown when memory allocation fails because of too small page file.
* Improved: Abnormal program termination by an error message is now more robust, less likely to cause a bogus crash report or to miss the message box.
* Fixed: Weapons on pylons changed positions after fireAtTarget (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24046)
* Fixed: Tanks sometimes braking too much or even reversing a bit when slowing down.
* Fixed: AI subordinates sometimes slowing down too much when navigating around obstacles.
* Fixed: Possible crash after calling joinSilent and deleteVehicle.
* Fixed: Rare problem of AI fleeing when all enemies mounted vehicles.
* Fixed: AI not engagign through glass and other penetrable surfaces (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4438).
* Fixed: Lipsync for radio not working.
* Fixed: AI no longer seeing through dense grass (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5785)
* Fixed: Attached objects no longer causing slow car movement.
* Improved: AI skill settings in difficulty options easier to use.
* Improved: Soldier movement more natural when doing “scan horizon”.
* Changed: Danger FSM event DCFire is now sent only when unit not in the combat mode yet (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23160)
* Fixed: AI units often not engaging close enemies (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18951, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22935)
* New: scripting function “assignedTeam xxx” returns colored team to which a commander of given vehicle belongs to.
* Fixed: Most units had maximum skill, ignoring values set in the mission (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4483)
* Fixed: More space for GameSpy QR2 signature key answer.
* Fixed: low game fps causing innacurate AI weapon aiming (see also http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22974)
* Changed: Temporarily abandoned vehicles are no longer considered neutral (AI continues engaging them).
* Fixed: tugging tracks on tanks
* Fixed: AI units no longer firing at empty enemy vehicles (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5183)
* Fixed: Walking no longer causes prone-style recoil to be used. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22828)
* Fixed: AI no longer considering a car horn as a threat.
* Fixed: AI no longer using AA against ground targets or guided missiles against soft targets unless desperate (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/7578)
* Fixed: Enemy fire no longer reported by units which cannot be aware of it.
* Fixed: Units equipped with NVG no longer turn on the flashlights on their own (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13041)
* Fixed: setMimic working, acceptable mimics are: “neutral”, “dead”, “danger”, “hurt”, “aware”, “safe”, “combat” (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6638)
* Improved: AI considering threats uphill from it a bit more when planning a path.
* Fixed: Object variable space was not cleared reset between missions (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13620)
* Fixed: Sky sometimes changing abruptly (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8072)
* Improved: AI is less able to detect enemies in forests (improved estimation on “disappearing in a pattern” for forests).
* Fixed: AI vehicles could spot previously known targets even out of their visual cone (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18846)
* Fixed: Occasional visual artifacts caused by rabbit animation interpolation since 79670 (thanks to Sniperwolf572 and F2k Sel for finding the repro).
* Fixed: Signature checking of BAF/PMC addons.
* New: Command line option -nosound to run the game without accessing audio devices.
* Optimized: Some background file operations are faster, esp. with low fps (should fix http://dev-heaven.net/issues/22227)
* Optimized: Visual state interpolation fully enabled. (http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/en…ing-the-future)
* Fixed: Weapons no leaving hands while turning when prone
* Fixed: Message “Creating debriefing” no longer appearing in the rpt file.
* Improved: AI helicopter attempt to land when hit during an attach run.
* Fixed: Crash opportunity when camera object was deleted.
* Improved: AI landing more reliable with broken back rotor.
* New: AI FSMs can be disabled using unit disableAI “FSM”.
* Fixed: AI road vehicle avoidance improved.
* Fixed: PMC videos flashing (since 80298).
* Experimental: Memory allocator can be selected using -malloc=N with N=0..4.
* Fixed: No longer display names of buildings hidden by accuracy (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/20503)
* Fixed: Occasional fps drop when AI was getting in a vehicle.
* Optimized: Much faster visibility testing when many units are around, esp. when they are not moving a lot.
* Fixed: AI planes were climing/diving wildly during formation flying.
* Improved: AI takeoff improved, L-39 or Su-34 can now lift from all Chernarus airfields.
* Fixed: Airplane control surfaces position could reach impossible values with keyboard controls (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2314)
* Optimized: Reduced frame rate drops caused by texture loading (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14397)
* New: Mods can be configured using Windows Registry.
* Fixed: AI warping at distance in singleplayer (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1915)
* New: parameter “angle” for reflectors
* Fixed: Possible freeze after alt-tab in window mode.
* New: Helipads can be placed on a carrier deck and AI helicopter can land on them.
* Fixed: Airplane sometimes crashed after landing autopilot was activated.
* Fixed: Crash when assembling GMG, L2A1 crew served weapons.
* New: AI able to STOL on runways shorter than 500 m.
* Impoved: Aircraft can be placed on carrier deck in the editor.