AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2 driver is optimized for Death Stranding, F1 2020 and Hyper Space Open Beta.
Going into more details, this new driver improves performance by up to 8% in Death Stranding wth the high preset on the Radeon RX 5700 XT. It also improves performance by up to 5% in F1 2020 with the ultra-high preset on the Radeon RX 5700 XT.
Naturally, this driver also packs a number of bug fixes. For instance, it fixes an intermittent game crash or hang on Windows 7 in Hyper Space. Moreover, it addresses a launch issue in Valorant.
You can download the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2 driver from here. You can also find its complete changelog below.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2 Driver Release Notes
- Death Stranding™
- With the high preset on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 8% better performance playing Death Stranding with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.7.2 than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1. RS-337
- F1 2020™
- With the ultra-high preset on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 5% better performance playing F1® 2020 with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.7.2 than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1 Hyper Scape™ Open Beta. RS-336
- Hyper Scape™ Open Beta
- Launching VR applications using the Oculus Rift™ headset may cause corruption or a system hang on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- AMD Bug Report Tool may fail to load the available application lists and does not time out when failing to load.
- Previews for video content on Netflix® using Microsoft® Edge browser may fail to load or appear black.
- Wallpaper Engine or system folders may sometimes be detected as a game by Radeon Settings game manager.
- Valorant™ fails to launch from Radeon Software Home screen or Gaming tab.
- Hyper Scape™ may experience an intermittent game crash or hang on Windows®7 system configurations.