Neon Giant has released the second major patch for its isometric action-shooter RPG, The Ascent. According to the developers, this new update packs improvements to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12. Additionally, the devs promise to further reduce them via another future update.
Moreover, this second patch improves Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices. It also fixes a number of crashes for both single-player and co-op. Not only that, but it addresses multiple minor collision issues.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
The Ascent Patch #2 Release Notes
Performance (PC Steam & Win10)
- DX12 is now the default for Windows Store Players.
- Windows Store now also supports DX11.
- Improvements made to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12, more work will continue here for future updates.
- Ray Tracing is set to default ‘off’ on all platforms
- Improved Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices, more work will continue here for future updates
Stability (all platforms)
- Fixed a number of crashes in Single Player and Coop
- Save Progress (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where Weapon Skins could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Character Shirts could be lost
- Also fixed an issue where Gear could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Clients items could be unequipped when a Host disconnects inside a tier elevator
- Fixed an issue where Clients could lose their save progress when fast traveling in certain circumstances
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Fixed the issue where sometimes a FullChrome wouldn’t spawn in ‘Mutual Dependencies’ (Mission 2)
- Fixed an issue where ‘Sell All Duplicates’ worked incorrectly
- Changed the frequency of Kira lines when civilians are killed (will now trigger less often)
Achievements (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Added Extras’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Aficionado’
- Also fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Helping Hand’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Win’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Fair Trade’
Translation (all platforms)
- Minor bug fixes in other languages
- Please note that we are still working on improving the quality of the translation in all languages
Other Fixes (all platforms)
- Fixed multiple minor collision issues
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”