YAGER has announced that its fast-paced competitive quest shooter, The Cycle, is free to download in early access via the Epic Games store. The Cycle is a match-based first-person shooter with a focus on PvEvP action.
Players will complete jobs, gear up with new weapons and powers, out-score other players, and make it off the exotic, alien frontier of Fortuna III alive. Players will also compete against and – if they choose – team up with other prospectors. Thus, they will be able to harvest resources, defeat hostile lifeforms, and make their fortune before the world, their rivals, or their so-called allies kill them.
According to the developers, the game promises to deliver a competitive multiplayer experience where everyone can survive.
It’s worth mentioning that YAGER released a new update to the game’s alpha version that introduces the following features.
The Cycle Crime & Punishment Key Features
- A new Duos mode allowing players to pair up together to take on other Prospectors. Duos joins the two other game modes: Solo and Squads. In Squads, four players team up to take on the game’s challenges.
- Similarly, a new bounty hunter system is available in order to better balance PvEvP; players who frequently kill other prospectors will get marked as “ruthless” on the mini-map, revealing their location to everyone.
- A new heat map showing areas with a high density of players; decide if you want to hunt down serious PvP action, or focus more on PvE in less populated areas.
- The ability to level up your armor kits with better stats by collecting experience points.
- Two new archetypes, the Gambler and Exo Biologist, along with a new enemy type: the Droids.
- New sound effects for most weapons.
- Support for in-game voice chat.
Moreover, The Cycle will continue to grow and evolve throughout its early access phase. The team also plans to add more languages, as well as regular seasons of content.
Lastly, YAGER released a new trailer for its shooter that you can find below.