SEGA today announced a new experimental game mode The Laboratory, which launches as a free update for Total War: WARHAMMER 2 on December 14th. In order to celebrate this announcement, SEGA has released a new trailer dedicated to this new game mode, and you can view it below.
Designed in collaboration with Intel and aimed squarely at those with powerful gaming PCs, The Laboratory is a Skaven-themed Custom Battle playground. The Laboratory’s numerous sliders allow multiple game variables to be tweaked, pushing battles in new and ridiculous directions.
Players can massively ramp-up unit sizes, remove the bounds of gravity, and increase impact force tenfold to create scenes of pure chaos. With sixteen different settings to tinker with, players can even save their best combinations of tweaks to use again or share with friends.
According to Creative Assembly, the Laboratory offers a possible glimpse into the future of Total War technology. It promises to primarily leverage Intel’s latest multi-core processors to drive additional performance beyond the original game’s design parameters.
Here is the full list of settings you will be able to adjust:
- Unit Size – Increase the number of soldiers per unit and single units’ health
- Winds of Magic – Increase the availability of Winds of Magic for spellcasting
- Explosions – Increase the size of explosion and vortex spells
- Vigour Cost Reduction – Make units stay fresh for longer
- Reload Time – Reduce the amount of time it takes to reload ranged weapons
- Ammunition – Increase the total amount of shots per ranged unit
- Projectile Penetration – Increase the distance projectiles can travel through enemies
- Gravity – Decrease the effect of Gravity on units who are knocked into the air
- Ability Radius – Increase the effect radius of abilities
- Ability Recharge Reduction – Reduces recharge time on abilities
- Charge Duration – Increase the duration of time it takes for charge bonus to fade away
- Entity Scale – Increase or decrease the size of single unit entities like Lords and Monsters