Ubisoft has announced that the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Patch 8 will be coming to the PC on October 12th. The French company has also revealed its full release notes, and you can view them below.
This update will add the new PvP mode: Ghost War. In case you didn’t know, Ghost War is a tactical 4v4 adversarial experience. At launch, players will have 12 classes to choose from as they battle enemies across 8 different maps.
In order to celebrate the release of the PvP mode, Ubisoft has announced that Ghost Recon Wildlands will be free to play this weekend. Therefore, and if you haven’t tested it yet, we strongly suggest downloading this free trial.
Going into more details, the Ghost Recon Wildlands Patch 8 fixes a bug where Norton antivirus users would have troubles launching the game. Moreover, this patch comes with some PC-specific fixes.
Here are the full release notes for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Patch 8.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Patch 8 Release Notes
- – In “El Cardinal”, fixed a bug where the player couldn’t redeploy freely after failing the mission
- – Fixed a bug where a “NEW” tag would appear on the loadout even though there is no new unlocked item
- – Fixed a bug where the “Missile incoming” warning would be displayed too late
- – Fixed some situations where the prestige points earned wouldn’t appear on screen
- – Fixed a bug where a player wouldn’t be kicked from the lobby if the command was initiated from several players
- – Added relay servers for improved connectivity between players
- – Fixed a bug where a player shooting from the trunk of a car could lose control over the character
- – Polished the new helicopter’s landing animation
- – Fixed a bug where Norton antivirus users would have troubles launching the game
- – In “El Invisible”, fixed a bug where the “mission failed” screen would not appear, making the mission unavailable.PC
- – Fixed the mouse input precision for the new helicopter control scheme. We implemented mouse acceleration which decays as helicopter picks up speed, and a deceleration when player is driving, as previous implementation was losing angular velocity too fast
- – Fixed an issue causing vehicle doors to always shown as being closed when using NVidia Ansel