The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s modkit has been criticized by a lot of players for not providing players with enough tools to actually mod the game. Well, good news everyone as a new update for the modkit will be released shortly and according to the developers, it will allow players to add new textures, as well as the ability to mod textures from the textures array.
In other words, this opens up HD Texture Packs possibilities. It’s no secret that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt packs some amazing textures but let’s be realistic; some of the textures are as low-res as they can get. So hopefully modders will be able to release some high-quality Texture Packs for it.
Here is the complete list of changes for this new update.
- Fixed a bug causing wcc_lite to fail when uncooking the game.
- Added the abilty to mod textures from the textures array.
- Added a warning information when wcc_lite failed due too long file path.
- Claned up wcc_lite output log.
- Fixed a bug when some normal maps and speculars were imported incorectlly. Now imported textures which name ends with “_n” and “_s” will be assigned to proper categories.
- It is now possible to add new textures using mods.
- Serval fixes and minor improvements to Script Studio.