Electronic Arts and DICE have released a new patch for Star Wars: Battlefront 2. According to the release notes, the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 patch 1.03 introduces a redesigned End of Round MVP screen. Moreover, this patch comes with fixes for several clipping, collision & texture issues.
Going into more details, the new End of Round MVP screen will highlight players based on their score instead of specific “honors”. As such, a larger number of players will have the chance to become highlighted in it.
As said, this patch also addresses several clipping, collision & texture issues. Furthermore, it packs various tweaks and balances. For example, this patch reduces the amount of damage the Stinger Pistol ability does against Heroes & Villains.
The Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.03 will be auto-downloaded from Origin the next time you launch its client, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Patch 1.03 Release Notes:
- Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the Disruptor Shot mod for the NT-242 when used against vehicles.
- Reduced the amount of Score and Battle points gained by using the LAAT Gunship against vehicles.
- Reduced the amount of damage the Stinger Pistol ability does against Heroes & Villains.
- Boba Fett can no longer capture objectives while hovering high above the objective.
- Blocked of some areas on Kamino and Naboo where players could use aerial units to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
- Tweaked the spawning positions when playing Strike on Kamino.
- Tweaked the combat area on Tatooine when playing Strike.
- Tweaked the combat area on Endor when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the combat area on Hoth when playing Blast.
- Tweaked the spawning positions of Starfighters when playing Galactic Assault on Tatooine.
- Tweaked the spawn positions of the AAT when playing Galactic Assault on Kashyyyk.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Jakku.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Kashyyyk.
- Fixed several collision and traversal issues on Endor.
- Fixed several collision issues on the Death Star II.
- Fixed several UI issues in the spawn screen when playing Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where the objective markers would not update correctly during Galactic Assault on Endor.
- Fixed an issue where some automatic doors would not open when approached by Villains in Heroes vs Villains.
- Fixed an issue where texture was missing near the East Gate Control when playing Strike on Yavin IV.
- Fixed an issue where the reticule from Lando’s Sharp Shot ability would remain active longer than intended.
- Reduced the amount of the damage the NT-242 with the Disruptor Shot mod does against the AT-ST.
- Fixed an issue where the Scan Dart ability would not work correctly when used on doors.
- Players will no longer be able to start a round if the pre-round requirements are not met.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would indicate that friendly forces are taking damage when being hit with by the Ion Charge ability on the AT-RT.
- The Heavy Trooper’s Impact Grenade ability VFX now works as intended.
- The DLT-20A Targeting Rifle VFX now works as intended.
- The Pulse Cannon ability VFX now works as intended.
- Fixed several issues with the End of Round screen where tall characters would not fit in the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the players could not Zoom after switching weapons from an overheated TL50.
- Fixed several clipping issues that occurred during the campaign.
- Fixed an issue where Iden’s Star Cards will display their multiplayer stats during the Campaign.
- Fixed several animation issues for Heroes and Villains.
- Fixed several texture issues in Arcade mode.
- Fixed several collision issues in Arcade mode.
- The End of Round screen now gives feedback to players on Rank Up that they are awarded with Credits.