DICE has released a brand new update for Star Wars Battlefront 2. According to the release notes, the May 28th Update fixes numerous bugs and issues. Moreover, it brings various stability improvements, as well as a few tweaks.
Going into more details, the May 28th Update makes improvements to prevent the issue of players matchmaking into one-team lobbies. It also packs various stability fixes related to the gameplay of Imperial Rocket Trooper and First Order Flametrooper.
Moreover, this update fixes an issue where certain unlockable items were still indicated to be unlocked through Events only. It also fixes an issue where the “Fight As One” milestone would not track progress when playing in Co-Op Missions.
As always, Origin will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 May 28th Update Release Notes
- Balanced the Milestone requirements for Darth Maul’s Old Master appearance, Luke Skywalker’s Farmboy appearance and Leia Organa’s Princess appearance. The Milestones now require players to defeat 5,000 enemies as any Dark side or Light side hero.
- Made improvements to prevent the issue of players matchmaking into one-team lobbies.
- Various stability fixes related to the gameplay of Imperial Rocket Trooper and First Order Flametrooper.
- Balancing pass on Darth Vader
- Reduced Darth Vader’s Lightsaber Throw damage from 150 to 130
- Reduced the values of the Intensified Lightsaber Throw Star Card to 15-20-25-30
- Enemies will only take half damage from Lightsaber Throw from Darth Vader’s Choke.
- Lowered base damage of Kylo Ren’s Frenzy ability from 125 to 115.
- The appearances of AI-controlled Clone Troopers on the Republic Attack Cruiser on Instant Action and Co-Op – Missions are now set to Phase 2.
- Fixed an issue with the AI’s behavior regarding Command Post E on Death Star 2, on Instant Action and Supremacy.
- Fixed an issue where the “Fight As One” milestone would not track progress when playing in Co-Op Missions.
- Also fixed an issue where certain unlockable items were still indicated to be unlocked through Events only.
- Fixed an issue with the DL-18, where the Improved Cooling mod wouldn’t increase how many shots the weapon could fire before overheating.
- Fixed an issue with the descriptions of the Republic Attack Cruiser and the Separatist Dreadnought on the Frontend menu of Instant Action Missions.
- Resolved an issue where wrong announcers could be heard when transitioning between round phases of any game mode, while using certain Heroes.
- Fixed an issue where the Name Tags UI option in the Main Menu would overlap with the Kill Message when set to Default.
- Fixed an issue where the Objective opacity sliders in the UI options will now include the progress bar, squad order, no. of contesters and text labels.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”