Back in November 2019, we informed you about OpenIV adding support for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2. And, after almost four months, we are happy to report that OpenIV 4.0 is now available for download.
With OpenIV 4.0, the team has introduced very basic level of support for Red Dead Redemption 2. As such, there aren’t currently any editing capabilities. As such, you won’t be able to edit any RDR 2 files. Instead, PC gamers will be able to simply open and view some of the game’s files.
Here is what you will be able to do with OpenIV Version 4.0:
- Open and view RDR 2 RPF archives. (Not all file names are available, see below)
- Open and view RDR 2 Textures (.ytd)
- Also open and view RDR 2 META/PSO files (.ymt, .ymf, .yas, .ych, .ymap .ytyp)
- Open and listen to RDR 2 Audio files (.awc)
- Open and view RDR 2 Language files (.yldb)
In the future releases, the team plans to merge its GTA V and RDR 2 PSO code. This may make it possible to view all the files in GTA V and provide editing capabilities for RDR 2 PSO files.
You can download OpenIV 4.0 from here.