NVIDIA has released a new hotfix driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix 416.64 fixes some flickering issues during gameplay in Far Cry 5 and The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, as well as some corruption issues when Volume Rendering Quality is set to highest in Monster Hunter World.
Furthermore, this driver improves game stability in Shadow of the Tomb Raider and allows audio receiver to switch from multi-channel to stereo when audio playback is paused and it increases period from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
Do note, however, that Windows 8.1 64bit are not supporting for Turing cards. As NVIDIA noted, Windows 8.1 x64 is not supported on Turing graphics cards including the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GeForce RTX 2080 and GeForce RTX 2070. Ironically, the older OS, Windows 7 64-bit, is supported.
Those interested can download this new driver from here, and below you can find its complete changelog. Kudos to our reader Metal Messiah for bringing this to our attention!
NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix 416.64 Release Notes
- Far Cry 5: Flicker during gameplay
- Monster Hunter World: Corruption is seen when Volume Rendering Quality is set to highest
- The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Flicker during gameplay
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Improves game stability
- When audio playback is paused, audio receiver switches from multi-channel to stereo. Increased period from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.