NVIDIA has released a brand new hotfix driver for its graphics cards. According to the green team, the NVIDIA GeForce 516.79 Hotfix packs fixes and improvements for Red Dead Redemption 2, Overwatch, Apex Legends, Destiny 2 and Halo Infinite.
Going into more details, this driver increases gameplay stability in Halo Infinite and Apex Legends. Moreover, it resolves some freezes in Overwatch and Destiny 2. NVIDIA RTX owners can also expect better performance in Red Dead Redemption 2 when using DLSS.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 516.79 Hotfix Driver Release Notes
The hotfix addresses the following issues:
- [Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability
- [Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match
- [Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup
- [Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers
- [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay.
- [Halo Infinite] Increased stability during gameplay
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”