NVIDIA has just released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the green team, the NVIDIA GeForce 496.76 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in Battlefield 2042. Additionally, this driver adds Image Scaling control to boost application frame rates and increase the level of sharpness, detail, or clarity of images in games and applications.
Furthermore, this new driver fixes a number of game bugs and issues. For instance, it fixes some random stuttering/freezing issues in Detroit: Become Human, It also resolves some random crashes in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Unfortunately, this driver may not address the performance issues in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy on the Maxwell GPUs. NVIDIA has not mentioned any fix for this in its release notes, so we can safely assume that the game still underperforms on the Maxwell GPUs. Thus, we suggest downgrading to an earlier version.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 496.76 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready Driver
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Battlefield 2042, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS and maximize performance and NVIDIA Reflex to minimize latency. In
addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles to leverage DLSS technology, including Assetto Corsa Competizione, Bright Memory: Infinite, Farming Simulator 22,
Hot Wheels Unleashed, and Myth of Empires. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver also provides the best experience for Ruined King: A League of Legends Story.
- Includes support for NVIDIA Image Scaling
- [WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship/WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship]: The games crash on launch.
- [Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint]: Textures in the game may flicker.
- [Transport Fever]: The game crashes upon launch.
- Transport Fever 2]: Null pointer exception occurs in the display driver.
- [Quake 2 RTX]: Image corruption occurs in the blurred (bloom effect) background.
- [Far Cry 6][DirectX 12][GeFOrce RTX 3070 Ti]: With ULTRA + DXR + HD textures set, the game crashes at 4K.
- [Detroit Become Human]: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game.
- [Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game.
- [Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War]: The game randomly crashes.
- [Marvel’s Avengers Xbox Game Pass for PC version]: Game may randomly crash during gameplay