NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 461.72 WHQL driver adds support for its latest NVIDIA GeForce GPU, the RTX3060. Moreover, it adds support for the Outriders demo, NVIDIA DLSS in Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, and NVIDIA Reflex in Rainbow Six Siege.
As always, this new driver also comes with a number of fixes. For instance, it fixes some stuttering and low FPS issues in Edge of Eternity and Hitman 2 on G-Synch monitors. It also resolves an issue that could prevent the LG CX OLED TVs to be recognized as G-Synch compatible displays.
You can download the NVIDIA GeForce 461.72 WHQL driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 461.72 WHQL Driver Release Notes
GeForce Game Ready Driver
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the Outriders demo, NVIDIA DLSS in Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, and NVIDIA Reflex in Rainbow Six Siege.
- Includes support for GeForce RTX 3060 GPU.
New Features and Other Changes
Added support for the following GPUs.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
- NVIDIA CMP 40HX & NVIDIA CMP 30HX
- [G-SYNC][Edge of Eternity/Hitman 2]: The games experience stutter and low FPS when using hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windowed mode.
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings.
- [The Isle]: Freestyle is not supported for the game.
- [VIndictus][GeForce Experience]: The game cannot be recorded.
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The application crashes when launched on Windows 10 (Version 1803).
- Wallpaper Engine app may crash on startup or upon resume from sleep.
- [Blu-ray][HDMI]: Flickering occurs in Blu-ray playback when played over HDMI.
- Several desktop applications flicker when Vertical Sync is set to the default “Use the 3D application setting”.
- [Ampere]: Chrome/Edge may experience random TDR while browsing.
- LG CX OLED TVs (2020) are not recognized as G-SYNC Compatible displays.
- [Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may display “no signal” message when enabling NVIDIA Surround.
- [Notebook]: On some Notebooks, the ‘Maximum Graphics Power’ information missing in the NVIDIA Control Panel > System Information page.