NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 461.40 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in the upcoming horror game, The Medium.
This driver also packs all the fixes that were present in the NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix 461.33 driver. Thus, it addresses some crashes in Detroit: Become Human and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. It also resolves the stuttering and lagging issues in all SteamVR Games. Additionally, it fixes some DX11 crashes in both Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5.
You can download the NVIDIA GeForce 461.40 WHQL driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 461.40 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready – This new Game Ready Driver provides support for The Medium, a new adventure-horror game that features ray tracing and our performance-accelerating NVIDIA DLSS technology.
Studio Applications – The January NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest creative applications including Affinity Photo (now with GPU-acceleration) and the NVIDIA Broadcast 1.1 Update. In addition, this release also provides support for the latest NVIDIA Studio laptops powered by new GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs.
- Includes support for GeForce RTX 30 Series laptops (RTX 3080, RTX 3070, RTX 3060).
Game Ready & Studio Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs.
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: HUD in the game is broken.
- [Resident Evil 2 Remake/Devil May Cry V] Games which used the RE2 engine may crash in DirectX 11 mode
- [DaVinci Resolve]: Error 707, application crash, or application instability may occur.
- [Adobe Premiere Pro]: The application may freeze when using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA).
- [Zoom][NVENC]: Webcam video image colors on the receiving end of Zoom may appear incorrect.
- [Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes.
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game (without running running any GPU hardware monitoring tool in the background)
- [Assassin’s Creed Valhalla]: The game may randomly crash after extended gameplay
- NVIDIA Broadcast Camera filter may hang.
- [Zoom]: Chrome browser flickers with Zoom app.
- [G-SYNC][Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may restart when enabling NVIDIA Surround with GSYNC enabled on RTX 30 series GPUs.