NVIDIA has just released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 398.36 WHQL driver provides the optimal gaming experience for The Crew 2 and adds/updates the SLI profiles for Dark Souls Remastered, Hand of Fate 2, Need for Speed Payback and Super Mega Baseball 2.
Furthermore, the NVIDIA GeForce 398.36 WHQL driver resolves the blue-screen crash issues in Gears of War 4 on Pascal GPUs, some black-screen issues when booting Windows after installing the 397.93 display driver, and multiple games crash issues when launched in Surround mode.
Those interested can download the driver from here, and you can find its complete changelog below.
NVIDIA GeForce 398.36 WHQL Release Notes
Provides the optimal gaming experience for The Crew 2.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Dark Souls Remastered
- Hand of Fate 2
- Need for Speed Payback
- Super Mega Baseball 2
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Output Zero – Good
Software Module Versions
- nView – 149.21
- HD Audio Driver – 18.104.22.168
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.17.0524
- GeForce Experience – 22.214.171.124
- CUDA – 9.2
- [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4][DirectX12]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game.
- [Sterescopic 3D][NVIDIA Control Panel]: Switching the 3D display setting On and Off from the Windows display settings page has no effect on the NVIDIA Control Panel stereoscopic 3D settings page.
- [G-SYNC]: G-SYNC may still be active after closing a game, causing the desktop to stutter.
- [Surround]: Multiple games crash when launched in Surround mode.
- [HDR]: With HDR turned on, non HDR full-screen video playback may cause corruption/flickering in the video.
- [Notebook]: Blue-screen crash occurs with Driver_Power_State_Failure error upon bootup.
- Black Screen appears when booting Windows after installing the 397.93 display driver.