NVIDIA has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 391.01 WHQL driver is optimized for Sea of Thieves. In addition, this driver fixes an issue that prevented the NVIDIA Freestyle being enabled for supported games and some display flickers continuously after disabling and enabling the GPU using Device Manager, or when rebooting the system in Volta GPUs.
Moreover, this driver resolves some flickering/corruption issues that occurred when opening the in-game options UI in Rise of the Tomb Raider, some system stutter issues when opening Media Player Classic, and some driver TDR errors when using the Firefox browser.
Those interested can download the NVIDIA GeForce 391.24 WHQL driver from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 391.24 WHQL Driver Release Notes
- Provides the optimal gaming experience for Sea of Thieves.
- NVIDIA Freestyle: Added new filters – Old Film and Tilt-Shift.
Software Module Versions
- nView – 148.92
- HD Audio Driver – 188.8.131.52
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.17.0524
- GeForce Experience – 184.108.40.206
- CUDA – 9.1
- [HTC Vive][Oculus Rift]: The VR headset stops working after several launches of the application or after resume from system Hibernate mode. [200395208/2048746]
- [NVIDIA Freestyle]: NVIDIA Freestyle not enabled for supported games. 
- [Media Player Classic Home Cinema]: When launching a video, the system stutters momentarily. 
- [G-SYNC]: Alt-tabbing windowed games with G-SYNC enabled and V-Sync ON ingame causes stuttering and drop in frame rate. 
- [Firefox]: Driver TDR error may occur when using Firefox. 
- [Notebook][Surface Laptop]:Blue-screen crash may occur when installing the driver.
- [Volta GPU]: The display flickers continuously after disabling and enabling the GPU using Device Manager, or when rebooting the system 
- [GeForce GTX 1060][Rise of Tomb Raider]: Flickering/corruption occurs when opening the in-game options UI.