NVIDIA has released a new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 378.66 WHQL driver offer optimal performance for Sniper Elite 4, For Honor, and Halo Wars 2.
This driver also adds Video SDK 8.0, featuring High-bit-depth (10/12-bit) decoding (VP9/HEVC), OpenGL input surface support for encoder and H.264 ME-only mode enhancements.
NVIDIA has also listed all the APIs that are being supported via this new driver. The NVIDIA GeForce 378.66 WHQL supports Open Computing Language (OpenCL) 1.2 for Kepler, Maxwell, and Pascal GPUs, Vulcan 1.0, DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 (Windows 10) for Kepler, Maxwell, and Pascal GPUs.
Those interested can download this new driver from here.
And here are the release notes for the NVIDIA GeForce 378.66 WHQL driver.
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Sniper Elite 4, For Honor, and Halo Wars 2.
-Video SDK 8.0
- High-bit-depth (10/12-bit) decoding (VP9/HEVC)
- OpenGL input surface support for encoder
- Weighted Prediction
- H.264 ME-only mode enhancements
Application SLI Profiles
No SLI profiles were added with this version.
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3DV profiles:
• Sniper elite 4 – Not recommended
3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
These games must be run in DirectX 10/11 mode to see improvements and are not compatible with 3D Vision Surround mode.
Added or updated the following compatibility mode profiles:
- Sniper Elite 4 – Excellent
- For Honor – Excellent
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 378.66
- [Surround]: Surround cannot be enabled on the XGPU. 
- [G-Sync]: With G-Sync and V-Sync both enabled, there is a long delay when switching a game from full-screen mode to windowed mode.
- [Second Life 64-bit]: World view is tinted blue after disabling Advanced Lighting Model. 
- [The Division]: Shadows flicker after enabling PCSS. 
- [Kepler GPUs][Battlefield 1]: There is flickering in the game when using TAA. 
- [SLI][Battlefield Day28 Patch]: The menu text becomes jittery with SLI is enabled. 
- [SLI][Surround][GeForce GTX 1080]: The system crashes when launching games in SLI Surround using HDMI 2.0 connections. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080][Heroes of Storm]: The game crashes when launched. 
- [GeForce 860M][Notebook]: Direct X games crash. 
- [Minecraft]: Java SE Binary crashes pointing to nvinitx.dll. 
- [GeForce GTX 980 Ti]: The driver is unable to detect multiple TV models. 
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”