NVIDIA has released a new WHQL driver for its graphics cards, the NVIDIA GeForce 358.50 WHQL Driver. According to its release notes, this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience in the Star Wars: Battlefront Open Beta.
This driver also brings support for the latest OpenGL ARB extensions as well as OpenGL ES 3.2. In addition, this Game Ready driver also includes updated features and functionality for the GameWorks VR software development kit (SDK).
Those interested can download this new driver from here.
Here are the release notes for the NVIDIA GeForce 358.50 WHQL driver.
GameWorks VR Support
Updated driver support for the GameWorks VR SDK, adding VR SLI enhancements and bug fixes.
Supports OpenGL 2015 ARB extensions and OpenGL ES 3.2.
-Added SLI support for ShadowPlay and GameStream.
-Added Stereo support for DirectX 12 SLI and 3D Surround.
NVIDIA Control Panel
3D Settings->Manage 3D Settings page: Added controls for forcing the use of the integrated graphics processor or the NVIDIA GPU on Optimus notebooks.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
• Layers of Fear – DirectX 11 SLI profile added
• Miscreated – DirectX 11 SLI profile added
• Trainz: A New Era – DirectX 11 SLI profile added
• Zui Zhong Bing Qi – DirectX 11 SLI profile added
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3DV profiles:
• The Moonlight Blade – Fair
• The Park – Not recommended
• Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide – Fair
3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
These games must be run in DirectX 10/11 mode to see improvements and are not compatible with 3D Vision Surround mode.
Added or updated the following compatibility mode profiles:
• Mad Max – Excellent
• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – Excellent
• Total War: Arena – Excellent
• NView – version 146.78 c
• HD Audio Driver – version 22.214.171.124
• NVIDIA PhysX System Software – version 9.15.0428
• GeForce Experience – version 126.96.36.199
• CUDA – version 7.5