QLOC has released the second major patch for the PC version of Mortal Kombat 11. According to the release notes, this patch integrates launch day gameplay server-side data, makes move list and frame data corrections, and makes some adjustments to online match-making and to AI.
Moreover, this patch fixes some crashes and bugs, increases rewards for breakables in The Krypt, increases Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches, adjusts rewards from AI Battle mode, fixes several issues with FXAA and brings various mouse and keyboard fixes.
Furthermore, this second update brings the PC version on par with the Playstation 4 version and brings some tweaks and improvements to Towers of Time. For instance, it adjusts AI difficulty curve, brings further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers, lowers modifier damage for many modifiers, adjusts the lifespan of several modifiers and more.
Last but not least, it’s worth noting that this update breaks compatibility with the recently released 60fps mod. As such, PC gamers will have to wait until the modder releases a new version of it that will be compatible with the game’s latest version.
As always, Steam will auto-download this patch and you can find its complete changelog below.
Mortal Kombat 11 Second PC Patch Release Notes
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
- Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
- Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
- Move list and frame data corrections
- Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
- Adjustments to online match-making
- Adjustments to AI
- Fixed a source of online desyncs
- Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
- Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
- Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
- Fixed an issue where accepting an invite while in Local Character Select could cause a crash
- Fixed an issue where deactivating Frost’s DLC after finishing chapter 4 would lock the character
- Fixed an issue where the game could hang when using OBS with G-Sync or FreeSync
- Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
- Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
- Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up while offline
- Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
- Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
- Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
- Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
- Mouse and Keyboard fixes
- Fixed several issues with FXAA
- Small localization updates
Towers of Time Adjustments
- Adjusted AI difficulty curve
- Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
- Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
- Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
- Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
- Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
- Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
- Increased post fight Koin rewards
- Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
- Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
- Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
- Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
- Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
- Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that affect projectiles as intended
- Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
- Disabled Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
- Improved targeting for several Konsumables
- Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
- Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
- Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
- Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
The Community Gift has been distributed via the above update for PC players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 6, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST. Community Gifts will be sent out for Xbox and Switch players with their respective updates.
The 60fps mod has been updated and is now compatible with the game’s latest version. You can download the new version from here.