Versus Evil has announced that its Metal Gear Solid-inspired retro-style, 2D stealth/action game, UnMetal, will release on September 28th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher also released a new trailer that you can find below.
UnMetal is a 2D stealth/action game (with a bit of humor) where the goal is to escape from an enemy military base. What started as a simple break out ended up being an inside operation to prevent a massive attack against the NATO.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Uncover a clandestine plot as you escape from an enemy base where you were imprisoned for a crime you didn’t commit.
- Modern gameplay mechanics that pay homage to a solid classic.
- Gain experience and skills by utilizing stealth to take down your enemies.
- Deceive, adapt, and do whatever is necessary to escape… even if you have to impersonate a cat.
- Enjoy the thrill of interrogation as you elaborate specifics of your great escape to a lieutenant who seeks to scrutinize Jesse’s every word in an intricate report.
- Decipher a plethora of satirical culture, gaming and movie references. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry and you’ll fall in love with them.
- Collect an arsenal of classic gear, things that go “pew-pew”, maybe a thing or two that goes “BOOM!”, and some things that go “BOING!”, and definitely a thing that goes “SCRATCH”.
Lastly, there is a demo that you can download from here.