Green Man Gaming Publishing and Mission Ctrl Studios today announced the futuristic arena first person shooter JackHammer, to be released in Early Access for PC later this year. Set in a future where televised sport has escalated, the latest event to take the world by storm is JackHammer. In this event, robots covered in their sponsors’ logos enter into an arena and engage in an explosive, deadly form of dodgeball.
According to the press release, JackHammer encourages players to hone their futuristic sporting prowess by employing skillful play, from trick shots to rebounds, and use superhuman athletic ability to own the arena.
Tom, Developer at Mission Ctrl Studios, said:
“JackHammer is a project driven by a love for high-octane, skill-based games. Bringing our game to PC is a hugely exciting step, and we look forward to engaging with players and continuing to develop JackHammer into a truly unique experience.”
Gary Rowe, EVP Publishing at Green Man Gaming, added:
“JackHammer is a core, first person experience that relies on lightning fast reaction times and pure skill. Presented with glorious graphics, great action and plenty of customization, it’s shaping up to be a key title when it launches in Early Access later this year.”
Here are the game’s key features:
- High-octane multiplayer future sports in purpose-built combat arenas
- Fully customizable robotic armors allow you to create your own unique combatant
- Blast, shunt and grapple your way through online rankings and prove your mettle
- Hone your skills and prove your mastery with trick shots, rebounds and superhuman agility.
- Powered by Unreal Engine 4 – demolishing 900 pound robots never felt so good!
- A pumping electronic soundtrack provides the score for robot slaying arena action.