Discord Games announced today the release of an updated demo for Chasm, a 2D action-RPG platformer currently in development for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The game features procedurally-generated Metroid-style dungeons and authentic 16-bit pixel art (demo is available via the Kickstarter page). Discord is raising funds for development of Chasm through Kickstarter, and is currently 65% funded with 16 days left. The updated demo contains overhauled graphics, two new game modes, mappable keyboard controls, fan translation support, tweaks and bug fixes.
In Chasm, players take up the role of a soldier passing through a remote mining town on their journey home from a long war. The town’s miners have recently disappeared after breaching a long-forgotten temple far below the town, and reawakened an ancient slumbering evil. Now trapped in the town by supernatural forces, you’re left with no option but to explore the mines below, battle enemies and bosses, and increase your abilities in hopes of finally escaping and returning home.
Chasm key features are:
– Explore Metroid-like dungeons procedurally assembled from hand-crafted rooms in six diverse areas.
– Challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art (320×180 native resolution)
– Discover new special abilities and powers to reach previously inaccessible areas
– Play how you want by equipping weapons, spellbooks, shields, and more to both hands
– Uncover random loot drops and rare items
– Battle massive bosses & mini-bosses
– Includes Normal and Hardcore (Scored with Permadeath) Modes
– Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time, least damage taken, and more
– Windows, Mac, & Linux versions with Gamepad support
Enjoy a new trailer for it below!
Chasm Kickstarter Trailer