Independent game developer Nine Dots Studio released today a preview build of their game, GoD factory Wingmen, the 4vs4 space combat MOBA, soon to be available on PC, Mac and Linux platforms. The competitive game allows players build their ships part by part and fight massive online battles. GoD Factory is currently on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight seeking support from the community to finish the ambitious project.
The developers are proud to release a public download for their game. The build will be a working version of the game in its current state for the next 30 days. Anyone can download and play the build online from here. The game also works with Oculus Rift, players simply press 7 on the num pad to activate Oculus mode. Nine Dots Studio has been releasing weekly updates for the campaign, including 4 sets of mystery ships and revealing a Linux version of the game.
Nine Dots Studio founder Guillaume Boucher-Vidal said:
“We’re eager for people to try out the game. Although the game is not in it’s final state, we’re confident people will be impressed with the gameplay and the spectacular visuals. We want everyone to try out the game for themselves to see why this game deserves to be backed.”
GoD Factory: Wingmen is a multiplayer space combat sim where the player works with a team of up to three other players to destroy the opponent’s Carrier while defending their own. Before entering battle, players have the opportunity to construct and customize their own ships out of an enormous wealth of hulls, weapons, upgrades and components. Players will first have to choose a unique race, each of which focuses on a different play style and boasts a unique visual look. In the game, the players must destroy different key areas of the enemy Carrier to incapacitate it and ultimately destroy it.
Here are the key features of GoD Factory: Wingmen:
– Fully customizable gunships – Each unique ship is fully customizable with different parts that can be swapped in and out for vastly different gameplay.
– Online multiplayer – Play 4v4 online matches with friends and the community.
– Four playable species – Choose the dragon-like quadrupedal Guantri, the levitating robotic-like Chorion, the plant-like Ar Blossom, just to name a few.
– Intense tactical dogfights – Choose the best tactics for taking out each of the six integrity points of the ship, each point having an affect on gameplay.
– Multiple layers of complexity – Battles can be won in a multitude of ways, giving players the ability to create unique tactical offensive and defense strategies within their teams.
– Oculus Rift and joystick enabled – Experience flight simulation like never before.
Unofficial GoD Factory: Wingmen Trailer