Valve has announced that the beta version of Vulkan support for Dota 2 is now available via DLC. As such, PC gamers can go ahead and download this new DLC in order to test the game with this new high-efficiency cross-platform graphics API for modern GPUs.
Valve has provided the following technical notes in case you encounter any issues:
* Please make sure to opt-in to the Steam Client Beta for the latest Steam Vulkan Overlay (fixes performance issue with Steam Overlay).
* Enable with the -vulkan launch option after downloading the Vulkan Beta DLC. Remove -dx9/-dx11/-gl (if present) from any previous launch options.
– Windows 7/8/10 64-bit: NVIDIA 600-series+ (365.19+ driver), AMD 7700+ (Crimson 18.104.22.168+ driver)
– Linux 64-bit: NVIDIA 600-series+ (364.16+ driver), AMD GCN 1.2 (16.20.3 driver)
– 2GB of GPU memory required – may experience crashes with < 2GB of GPU memory.
* The first time you run with Vulkan you may experience short stutters while the engine caches shaders on disk. After playing through or watching a match, these stutters should go away.
* There is a known issue on Linux with NVIDIA GPUs where tearing can be observed even when vertical sync is enabled. NVIDIA is aware of the issue and it will be fixed in the future through a driver update.