Larian Studios announced the launch of a Kickstarter campaign to enhance the development of Divinity: Original Sin; a turn-based, open-world RPG featuring single-player and cooperative gameplay in which the actions and choices of players have true significance and consequences.
Larian Studios founder, Swen Vincke said:
“Turning to Kickstarter is all about making our game as good as possible for our fans and allowing us to create the experience that we’ve always imagined. There’s a lot of potential in the game systems we’ve created so far, so we want to invest everything we can into pushing them further and unlocking their full potential. If we get the extra support from our fans now, I’m very confident that we’ll be able to make something truly exceptional. “
With the funds raised through Kickstarter, Larian Studios wishes to expand its team to create more depth and diversity in Divinity: Original Sin. This includes more areas to explore, more character interactions, more quests with consequences, and increased options for character-building.
In addition to releases of the final game, backers have opportunities to receive everything from special in-game items to roles within the game.
Larian Studios aims to raise $400K in the next 29 days.
Divinity: Original Sin’s key features are:
• Class-free Progression – Choose skills, abilities, and gear to create ‘your’ character.
• Cooperative – Drop-in/drop-out cooperative multiplayer with full-featured gameplay for both players. From questing to making important choices in dialogue, each player guides the course of the game.
• Skill and Spell Combos – A block of ice can be melted with fire, turned into a lethal pool of electricity, and refrozen into a slippery trap. This is one example of the many interactions possible.
• Meaningful Dialogue – For better or worse, your conversations have actual and noticeable impacts in the game-world. When playing cooperatively, both players have a say in the outcome.
• Open-world Gameplay – No artificial constraints to keep players from exploring the world or level-scaling to coddle you. If you are too weak for an area, you will quickly learn your lesson.
• Editor – Full suite of editing tools – the same used by the developers – to create completely new environments and adventures.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."