Daedalic Entertainment today announced it has partnered with Action Squad Studios to launch Iron Danger; a new tactical combat RPG with simultaneous turns and time manipulation. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher released a brand new trailer that you can find below.
Iron Danger is set in a world of magic and machinery that draws from both the Nordic myths that inspired J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic fantasy, and from modern steampunk and tech noir. Players take on the role of Kipuna, a sharp-minded village girl who becomes imbued with an ancient power that grants dominion over time and death. Drawn into the midst of a war between the city of Kalevala and the armies of the Northlanders, players must master their powers in order to protect mankind against total destruction.
Players will also be able can rewind time for up to five seconds at any point in order to try different strategies and move combinations to find the right one for the job. Time manipulation gives traditional tactical combat a puzzle-like element, as players can continuously test new approaches and synchronize character actions for the perfect outcome.
Iron Danger currently targets an early 2020 release, and you can find below its key features.
- Unique time-rewind mechanics combine the best aspects of real-time and turn-based combat.
- Highly interactive environments provide advantages to succeed against impossible odds.
- Adventure in a world of steampunk fantasy, meeting unique inhabitants inspired by Finnish folklore and fantasy.
- Fight epic boss monsters.
- No grinding: character progression pace is controlled by the story, ensuring every fight matters.