Codemasters today revealed the key features of Dirt 5 that await players when it releases on October 9th. Furthermore, the team has released a brand new trailer that you can find below.
As Codemasters noted in its press release:
“Showcasing the variety of global settings, the racing starts in Brazil under the gaze of Christ the Redeemer. The cars hurtle across mud and lush vegetation before a transition to the scorching Arizona desert. Deep in the heart of the canyon, an oval sand track perfect for some heart-pounding sprint car racing. The action then heads to a series of rugged wadi gorges in Morocco, with a rock bouncer taking on a mountainous landscape in a challenging Path Finder event.”
DIRT 5 promises to offer the most diverse vehicles of any DIRT game; from the outrageous 900bhp sprint cars, to rock bouncers, pre runners all the way through to traditional and modern rally vehicles. There are 13 classes in total, so players will always find something to suit their driving style.
DIRT 5 will also feature more game modes than any previous iteration.
Dirt 5 Game Modes
- Landrush – Circuit-based, rough terrain with jolting jumps and technically challenging sections. Weather and track conditions change on-the-fly during the event to mix-up this pack race mode.
- Rally Raid – Controlling machines built for extreme off-road, Rally Raid challenges are point to point with split routes, where drivers can grab some serious air.
- Ice Breaker – As the name suggests, players battle short circuits that take place entirely on ice. Throttle control and precise drifting are crucial to master this mode.
- Stampede – Hard, unforgiving natural landscape, built for rough-and-ready machines. The layout is unmarked with major undulations over mud and sand.
- Path Finder – Another new game mode. Controlled speed and more strategy are the keys to success. Hardcore off-road terrain packed with steep jumps and rock-strewn paths.
- Sprint – Amplified racing at its craziest. 900bhp, enormous wings and four different sized wheels. Left turns only on oval and circular tracks. One for the drifters.
- Ultra Cross – Varied terrain and unpredictable circuit design. Classic rallycross amplified for the ultimate challenge.