Torn Banner Studios announced the first details for the upcoming Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta program. Scheduled to begin on May 27th and ending on June 1st at 11:00am (EDT), the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta will be available for free to all players on PC via Epic Games Store.
PC gamers will be able to pre-download the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta client one day early on May 26th, at 11:00am (EDT). The Cross-Play Open Beta will be the final playable test for Chivalry 2 before its June 8, 2021 global release date.
The Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Open Beta content and highlights include:
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms. Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- The Slaughter of Coxwell (New Team Objective Map). The Mason Order seeks to make a brutal example of the peaceful village of Coxwell after it declared support for Argon II. Burn the village, breach the gate, steal the gold, and kill the soldiers.
- The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map). Agathian forces lie in wait, ready to ambush the Mason army that marches forth to kill the Duke of Fogbern Keep. Destroy the barricade, push the convoy, capture and hold the gatehouse, and kill the Duke.
- The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective Map). After weeks of siege, Agathian forces begin a final assault upon a Mason stronghold defended by the Mason heir. Push the siege towers, capture and hold the gatehouse, burn the tents, push the siege ramps, capture and hold the courtyard, and take down the heir to achieve victory.
- The Battle of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map). The armies of the Mason Order and Agathian Knights meet in an evenly matched open field of battle.
- Tournament Grounds (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map). Elite warriors of the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and adoration of the crowd.
- Free-for-All (New Game Mode). It’s you versus everyone else in this chaotic free-for-all frenzy appearing for the first time in the Cross-Play Open Beta.
- Full Customization (New for Open Beta). Customize your in-game appearance and unlock a wide variety of cosmetic options as you earn experience with each of the game’s four base classes and 12 sub-classes.
- Duel Servers (New for Open Beta). Available for PC only, players can choose to enter special servers set up for players looking to hone their 1-on-1 dueling skills with other players. Participants are asked to abide by the honor system and respect players aiming to focus on 1-on-1 duels.
- 64/40 Player Server Options (New for Open Beta). Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones. For players interested in more strategic battles requiring more communication and teamwork, options to join 40-player servers for Team Objective mode will also be available.
- Same Platform Parties (New for Open Beta). Players can now group up and form a party on the same platform before joining a Cross-Play match.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”