The team behind the best WiiU emulator, CEMU, has released a brand new version that is available for download to all its Patreon backers. Version 1.15.1 brings various Wiimote improvements, Audio improvements, adds button to download community graphics packs and more.
Going into more details, this new version of CEMU replaces existing Wiimote library with its own implementation (which should offer sightly better performance when using wiimotes and better support for wiimote extensions, fixes a crash that could occur when the overlay was enabled but no stats were selected, fixes a render state corruption and fixes a rare crash in recvfrom_ex.
Furthermore, CEMU 1.15.1 adds support for native Wiimote classic controller extension, fixes a bug where playback cursor could run out of bounds for ADPCM streams, fixes issues with controller profile saving/loading when using certain UI languages and allows cemuhook code cave area to be viewed in disassembly view.
Below you can find the complete changelog for this new version of CEMU, as well as some games running on it.
CEMU 1.15.1 Release Notes
- debugger: Cemuhook code cave area can now be viewed in disassembly view
- gfxPacks: Graphic pack window now has an option to automatically download latest community packs
- gfxPacks: Cemu will now scan subfolders for graphic packs
- input: Replaced existing Wiimote library with our own implementation
This should bring the following improvements:
– Slightly better performance when using wiimotes
– Better support for wiimote extensions
– Easier to maintain and fix bugs in the future
- input: Wiimotes now include the connected extension type in the name in input settings
- input: Fixed issues with controller profile saving/loading when using certain UI languages
- input: Added support for native Wiimote classic controller extension
- input: Fixed blow microphone button
- padscore: Fixed acceleration values for wiimote in KPADRead()
- AX: Fixed bug where playback cursor could run out of bounds for ADPCM streams
- AX: Added snduser2.rpl HLE implementation
- AX: Fixed incorrect volume and delta calculation in snd_user
- AX: Added API AXSetVoiceSamplesAddr (snd_core and sndcore2)
- AX: Merged Cemu’s snd_core and sndcore2 driver code to simplify handling of sound internally
- GX2: Intel -nolegacy is now the default mode. Support for older Intel GPUs can now be enabled with -legacy command line option
- GX2: Nvidia GLcache will now be stored at /shaderCache/driver/nvidia/ with size limit disabled (if supported by driver)
- overlay: Fixed crash that could occur when the
- overlay was enabled but no stats were selected
- overlay: Fixed render state corruption
- nsysnet: Fixed rare crash in recvfrom_ex
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”