PREY is a game that, at least in my opinion, had underwhelming sales for all the wrong reasons and that’s a real shame. Truth be told, it had nothing to do with the first and old Prey game but it was a really fantastic title on its own, especially for fans of System Shock and Bioshock. As such, I can’t help but keep posting articles about it whenever there is something new for it. And yesterday, modder ‘jmx777’ informed us about a new version of his Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics mod for Arkane’s PREY that is currently available for download.
In case you weren’t aware of, this mod aims to improve graphics and effects: all the lights cast shadows, corrected shadows for the original light sources, ultra view distance, improved particles, improved AO+IL, no texture pop-in, no shadows pop-in, uses only high poly lods, improved reflections, all decals stay almost forever, new effects, volumetric lights and more.
Version 1.3 fixes a model lod issue whit a file misnamed introduced on V1.2, a bug that makes a specifical particle effect to stay in screen after killing whit the q-beam the bigger thypons introduced on V1.2, as well as more specific levels related lighting inconsistencies left on vanilla game.
Those interested can download the latest version of the mod from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
PREY Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics Mod Version 1.3 Release Notes
- Updated mod to make it compatible whit all the latest official fixes and updates, including all the survival options, no new game is needed if you are currently using some of the new modes.
- Added helmet auto-deploying when the suit detects damage as seen on early gameplay demos.
- Added new advanced mod settings tab in the graphics options menu. Note that changes inside the game will be reverted after a new launch, this it’s because if the game can write the file to actually save the settings of the advanced sliders will revert other not related settings to vanilla and break the mod.
- Updated Reshade and reshade-shaders for AO, IL, and DOF. DOF is deactivated by default now because how reshade works it will be always applied on top everything else (menus, HUD, etc) if you want to activate DOF use the “Home” key to show the reshade menu and activate it from there, also you can gain some fps using the “Numpad +” that will deactivate Reshade’s AO and IL.
- Fixes more specific levels related lighting inconsistencies left on vanilla game.
- Fixed a bug that makes a specifical particle effect to stay in screen after killing whit the q-beam the bigger thypons introduced on V1.2
- Fixed a model lod issue whit a file misnamed introduced on V1.2
- More minor fixes for 1-2 fps gain depending on the scene
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”