AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.2 driver adds official support for Doom Eternal’s Vulkan Ray Tracing.
Additionally, this new driver also adds support for three new Vulkan extensions. Not only that, but it fixes some visual artifacts that occurred in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.2 Driver Release Notes
- DOOM Eternal™
- Vulkan® Ray Tracing
Added Vulkan Support
- This extension allows applications to specify a custom border color for when the sampler address mode VK_SAMPLER_ADDRESS_MODE_CLAMP_TO_BORDER is used.
- This extension exposes the availability of the SPV_KHR_subgroup_uniform_control_flow SPIR-V extension for shader modules use. The SPIR-V extension provides stronger guarantees that diverged subgroups will reconverge.
- This extension allows applications to selectively enable and disable writes to output color attachments via a pipeline dynamic state. This has the potential to reduce pipeline counts for increased efficiency.
- While playing MechWarrior 5™: Mercenaries on DirectX® 11, visual artifacts may be observed on some AMD Radeon graphics products such as Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- An error message – Error 184 – may be received after running the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Updates utility program on Windows® 7 based systems.
- Adobe Substance 3D Painter™ may freeze while running this application on some AMD Radeon graphics products such as Radeon RX 6900.