AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 is optimized for Warhammer: Vermintide 2, offering up to 9% faster performance on the Radeon RX Vega 56 and up to 10% faster performance on the Radeon RX580.
Moreover, this new driver comes with various game fixes. Going into more details, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 driver resolves the reported black screen on launch or during gameplay issues in Subnautica, the crash or hang issues while playing in the Cannon Cove area in Sea of Thieves, and some flickering issues in multi GPU system configurations on World of Warcraft and Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
Those interested can download this new driver from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 Release Notes
- Warhammer™: Vermintide 2
- Up to 9% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 at 2560×1440 (1440p).1
- Up to 10% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 at 2560×1440 (1440p).2
- Subnautica™ may experience a black screen on launch or during gameplay.
- Sea of Thieves™ may experience a crash or hang while playing in the Cannon Cove area.
- Desktop may not be visible or may appear out of the display area when using 8K resolution on Radeon Pro Duo.
- World of Tanks™ may experience square corruption on some ground textures in multi GPU system configurations.
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War™ may experience flickering in some game menus or when configuring displays when using multi GPU system configurations.
- World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering on the mini map in multi GPU system configurations.
- Some games may experience minor stuttering during gameplay when the Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature is enabled and FRTC is also enabled.
- Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
- The Witcher™ 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
- Corruption may be experienced with OGL or Vulkan™ API applications on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
- Sea of Thieves™ may experience corruption on ship sails or ropes while standing on a boat.
- Radeon Chill may experience lower than expected minimum frame rates if a game is left idle with Radeon Chill enabled for extended periods of time.