AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.1 driver is optimized for Final Fantasy XV & Warhammer: Vermintide 2, and brings some performance improvements in DOTA 2.
In addition, this new driver fixes an intermittent application hang or crash during gameplay in Sea of Thieves, texture flickering on trees or hills when using multi GPU enabled system configurations in Middle-earth: Shadow of War, and color corruption when changing some game settings in multi GPU enabled system configurations in World of Tanks.
Those interested can download this driver from here, and you can find its complete changelog below.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 Release Notes
- Final Fantasy® XV
- Warhammer®: Vermintide II
- Up to 6% faster FPS using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 at 3840×2160 (1440p).RS-218
- Radeon Chill hotkey may fail to reset when Radeon Settings is restored to defaults.
- Sea of Thieves™ may experience an intermittent application hang or crash during gameplay.
- Middle-earth™: Shadow of War may experience texture flickering on trees or hills when using multi GPU enabled system configurations.
- World of Tanks™ may experience color corruption when changing some game settings in multi GPU enabled system configurations.
- A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU’s for compute workloads.
- Destiny 2™ may experience an application hang in the mission “Heist” on some Radeon GCN1.0 products.
- Destiny 2™ may experience long load times when the application has been open for long periods of time.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to enable when toggled in some games.
- FFmpeg application may experience corrupted output for H264 video streams.
- Resizing Radeon Settings may cause the window to intermittently stutter.
- Final Fantasy® XV may experience minor stutter during some particle effects. A workaround is to disable the “Geomapping” setting in game.