The Chronicles Of Myrtana Team has informed us about a new free standalone total conversion mod for Gothic 2: Gold Edition. The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos features a completely new open world, improved skills systems, gameplay mechanics and a complex story, and is available for download.
According to the team, the main goal of this project is to honour one the best classic cRPG and take the die-hard fans of the original Gothic trilogy as well as new players on one more adventure in the Kingdom of Myrtana.
The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos Key Features
- Professional voice acting
- Fully adhering to the lore of Gothic series
- 60+ hours of expected playtime
- Complex main plot with many twists and secrets to discover
- Over 170 quests with multiple ways to complete them
- Multidimensional characters with credible backstories and personal goals
- Breathtaking soundtrack composed solely for the purpose of the mod
- About 200 random events that the main character may encounter
- New crafting system with activities, such as alchemy, cooking and magic scrolls writing
- Rebalanced economy and items stats considering 20 years of Gothic players feedback
- Expanded travel system with option to choose between magic teleports, boats and mercenary caravans
- More than 100 new armors and weapons with unique visuals